In 2017, we are continuing Unity of Mesa's vision of community building by offering Spirit Groups, a healthy and balanced small group program that inspires infinite connections. Spirit Groups offer group members Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community, and Challenge:
- Communion. Each group will include prayer and/or meditation as part of each group’s gathering.
- Connection. Each group will include time, food, and/or beverage for fellowship before, during, or after gathering.
- Compassion. Group members will look out for each other, celebrate milestones, and care for each other beyond the established gathering schedule.
- Community. Each group will choose how to engage in service to the greater community.
- Challenge. Each group will provide opportunities for members to set intentions for their own spiritual growth, and to provide timelines for checking in and providing accountability in the striving toward those goals.
Summer Spirit Groups have started,
please check back here at the end of summer to sign up for Fall Spirit Groups.
The Five Principles
For those who have completed the first series, we will offer The Five Principles, based on the book by Unity Minister, Ellen Debenport. This series features the author herself sharing insights about these basic foundational principles of Unity and is a great resource for those new to New Thought, as well as long-time spiritual seekers looking to deepen their understanding of their own spirituality.
Thy Will Be Done: Answering the Call of Spirit
For those new to Spirit Groups we offer Thy Will Be Done: Answering the Call of Spirit, which introduces group members to the 5 Spiritual Disciplines Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community, and Challenge. When kept in balance, these Spiritual Disciplines contribute to ongoing, long-lasting spiritual growth in individuals, groups, and church communities. Group members are encouraged to consider how their individual spiritual path can contribute in these areas and beyond and how their own growth contributes to their group, our church, and our greater community.