We are continuing Unity of Mesa's vision of community building by offering Spirit Groups, a healthy and balanced small group program that inspires infinite connections. Spirit Groups offer group members Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community, and Challenge:
- Communion. Each group will include prayer and/or meditation as part of each group’s gathering.
- Connection. Each group will include time, food, and/or beverage for fellowship before, during, or after gathering.
- Compassion. Group members will look out for each other, celebrate milestones, and care for each other beyond the established gathering schedule.
- Community. Each group will choose how to engage in service to the greater community.
- Challenge. Each group will provide opportunities for members to set intentions for their own spiritual growth, and to provide timelines for checking in and providing accountability in the striving toward those goals.
Fall Spirit Groups begin September 9
Sign Ups August 26 and September 2
What is Spirit Groups?
Spirit Groups is our small group ministry in which you get to connect and commune with other Unity of Mesa congregants while growing spiritually. Each group includes the components of the 5 C’s: Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community and Challenge. Each group consists of seven 2-hour meetings that include a video “lesson” and discussion. Each group also participates in a service project of their choosing performed in the greater community and a social outing. At the end of the series, all of the groups come together on a Sunday after church to celebrate and share together.
We will offer “Infinite Connections” for newcomers to Spirit Groups and “Affirmative, Empowering Prayer” for those who have attended previous groups.
More information on the content is coming soon!