We are continuing Unity of Mesa's vision of community building by offering Spirit Groups, a healthy and balanced small group program that inspires infinite connections. Spirit Groups offer group members Communion, Connection, Compassion, Community, and Challenge:
- Communion. Each group will include prayer and/or meditation as part of each group’s gathering.
- Connection. Each group will include time, food, and/or beverage for fellowship before, during, or after gathering.
- Compassion. Group members will look out for each other, celebrate milestones, and care for each other beyond the established gathering schedule.
- Community. Each group will choose how to engage in service to the greater community.
- Challenge. Each group will provide opportunities for members to set intentions for their own spiritual growth, and to provide timelines for checking in and providing accountability in the striving toward those goals.
Begins Week of July 12
Registration Now Closed.
Theme for Summer Session:
Design Your Life with Rev. Kevin Ross.
Explore practical tools for creating a life by design! You will be guided in a journey of discovering your purpose, living your passion, and ultimately, designing your legacy. Each week you will meet online with 8 fellow unity friends to connect, learn, and share. (The Tuesday group meets in person at Unity of Mesa Annex.) You will view and discuss the video series: “Design Your Life: Distinctions for Living Life By Design, not by Default” by Rev. Kevin Ross.
The Rev. Kevin Ross serves as the Senior Minister of Unity of Sacramento. A south side Chicago native and the spiritual son and personal protégé of the late Rev. Dr. Johnnie Colemon, founder of the Universal Foundation for Better Living, Rev. Ross is regarded as a respected interfaith social justice leader, committed to building bridges of understanding and cooperation across race, culture, class and religious lines.